Our host for this adventure is Simon Mtuy, he has been our partner in Tanzania since 1998. The team of guides are exceptional. We would not want to climb with anyone else. This climb begins at Simon’s childhood home on the slopes of Kilimanjaro at Mbahe Farm House Cottages. Our first two nights are spent here to rest from our long journey, sort and review climb gear, be assessed for medical baselines and a short hike to the edge of Kilimanjaro National Park. Then on the next morning you set off for 8 days on the mountain hiking through several climate and ecozones to the summit.
The guide team will support both the fastest and slowest hiker. The intent is to get you to the summit fit and healthy, at your own pace and smiling all the way. We are offering an optional Pre or Post safari. The details of this safari extension are attached at the end after the climb description.
“We liked everything about our trip. We really enjoyed being with Jody. Her warm personality and organizational skills were apparent.”
Pete E., San Francisco, CA
To confirm your spot on the climb we need a completed and signed Trip Application and a 30% deposit on the full trip amount.
NEED EQUIPMENT? We’ve got you covered.
Rent a sleeping bag & pad USD 55.00
Rent Hiking poles USD 15.00
Want more climb details? Send us an email and we’ll provide climb prep and training guidelines as well as packing list and info on the mountain.
- Bookings and availability can only be guaranteed once the required/invoiced deposit payment has reached our account.
- Prices are subject to change and availability is not guaranteed until a registration form and deposit are received, at which time accommodations are booked and a final itinerary with final price is prepared. Prices are subject to change without prior notification due to circumstances beyond our control, namely fuel surcharges, supplier increases, government taxes, exchange rate fluctuations, gorilla permits and park / conservation fees, The full booking value will be subject to rate of exchange fluctuations until full payment has been made. We will endeavor to provide as much notice as possible and assure you that we will do all we can to prevent or limit any increases
- Trip price is based on Wild Rainbow African Safaris costs, fees, and supplier prices in effect at the time of booking. Wild Rainbow African Safaris reserves the right to alter a trip price and require additional payment in case of any rate increases. Modifications to the itinerary may result in a change in price. If, for any reason, a client alters a trip in progress then any additional expenses due to the alteration are the responsibility of the client (including, but not limited to, changes in accommodation, meals, flights, activities, or services) and payable to Wild Rainbow African Safaris.
- This quote is valid for the dates of travel specified. Prices are subject to change and lodge availability is not guaranteed until a signed application and deposit are received, at which time accommodations are booked and a final itinerary prepared. Modifications to the itinerary may result in a change in price.
- Review the location and amenities of the suggested accommodations and ensure you are comfortable.
- All costs are valid for the itinerary travel dates. Costs may vary with date changes.
- Should any details change, we reserve the right to recalculate the tour price accordingly
- Passports MUST be valid for at least six months from your return home date. We recommend a validity of nine months to prevent any problems in this regard. There must be at least FOUR blank VISA pages in the passport (not endorsement pages).
- Please see the Wild Rainbow Application form for payment schedule and our Terms & Conditions for cancellation policy.
- Trip Cancellation and Travel Insurance should be purchased within 14 days of making your deposit.
- WRAS is happy to help with intra-Africa flights to ensure the best arrival/departure times. There is a USD 35.00 service fee per flight booked by WRAS.
Wild Rainbow Africa Safaris endeavors to make the itinerary as accurate as possible, it should be considered as an approximate agenda of activities rather than a rigid schedule. Trip itineraries are subject to last-minute, and on-the-ground revision due to weather, trail conditions, government and local restrictions, animal movement and other reasons beyond our control. In addition, frequent reconnaissance of routes sometimes determines a better routing. We do our best to ascertain the most scenic and convenient route possible throughout our guest’s safari with us. We reserve the right to amend the stated itinerary in response to unexpected changes in local conditions.
If you would like to climb, we will require a completed and signed Trip Application for each traveler, a 30% deposit on the full trip amount. 50% of this deposit amount is non-refundable. We strongly recommend purchasing Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance immediately after your deposit is made. Insurance protects you and your investment should there be a reason at any point in the planning process that you would need to cancel your trip. Final payment will be due 120 days before travel.
Please contact Jody at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-407-3691 to secure your safari.