Kenya Highlights, Private Flying Safari, April 1 - 13, 2021
ITINERARY IN BRIEF:
- Days 1 – 3: Charter flight to Selenkay Conservancy, Amboseli National Park, Maasai village visit, overnight Porini Amboseli Camp
- Days 4 – 6: Charter flight to Ol Pajeta Conservancy, overnight Porini Rhino Camp
- Days 7 – 9: Charter Flight to Meru National Park, overnight Rhino River Camp
- Days 10 -12: Charter Flight to Masai Mara, overnight Porini Mara Camp
- Day 13: Departure
Days 1 - 3, April 1 - 3, 2021
Regional flight to Selenkay Conservancy, overnight Porini Amboseli Camp
We will be collected from Jomo Kenyatta airport (or a Nairobi Hotel if you arrived a day early due to international flight arrival time) and transferred to Nairobi’s Wilson airport for the short early morning Charter flight to Selenkay / Amboseli. Our friendly local guide will meet us at the airstrip to transfer us to the nearby Porini Amboseli Camp, with a game drive en route, for a 3 night stay. DUring our stay we will have an escorted walk to a nearby Maasai village to gain an insight into the way of life of the communities living outside the Selenkay Conservancy. The relationship of the Masai and wildlife conservancies has been a saving grace for wildlife and Masai survival in recent history. We will learn about the groundbreaking partnership between our host company and Masai.
Our game drives will be within the Selenkay Conservancy, with the exception of a one day drive through the bush on a private track into Amboseli National Park. All the big cats have been seen in the Conservancy as well as elephants and a wide range of species including large numbers of giraffes, zebras, and antelopes. There are also less common animals to be seen such as the long-necked gerenuk gazelle, lesser kudu and African wildcat. We will enjoy sundowners at a scenic spot overlooking Kilimanjaro. Night game drives expose nocturnal animal activity.
Meals included: Full Board
Days 4 - 6, , April 4 - 6, 2021
Regional flight to Ol Pejeta Conservancy, overnight Porini Rhino Camp
After an early breakfast we will drive through the Conservancy to the airstrip for the flight to Kamok Airstrip in Ol Pejeta Conservancy. We will be met at the airstrip and transferred to Porini Rhino Camp; Ol Pejeta Conservancy is in the foothills of Mount Kenya. After lunch and afternoon tea in camp, we then head off on a game drive with our driver-guide in the camp’s 4×4 safari vehicle to explore the Ol Pejeta Conservancy. Return to Porini Rhino Camp for dinner and overnight. The next few days will be spent in Ol Pejeta with game drives and walking activities from camp. Other activities (optional and at a supplement) include a visit to the Endangered Species Boma which houses the World’s last two remaining Northern White Rhino.
Meals included: Full Board
Days 7 - 9, April 7 - 9, 2021
Chartered Flight to Meru National Park, overnight Rhino River Camp
Following your early morning game drive and breakfast, we will then transfer to the airstrip for your chartered flight to Meru National Park. On arrival at the airstrip, we’ll be met and transferred to the camp with an en-route game drive. We will check in and enjoy a hearty lunch. After lunch we will enjoy our new home, take a swim or relax or have a rest. Soon after late afternoon tea, we will go for a game drive. The open plains are dotted with acacias and mighty baobabs, which provide much needed reprieve to the elephants, from the harsh African sun. Meru National Park is home to a wide variety of animals and more than 400 recorded species of birds. The park is well known for its fauna and natural beauty. We will enjoy a full day game drive in the park, as well as waking up early to see the sleeping hyraxes huddled together on our early morning game drive. Watch as the sun rises and the savanna takes on a rosy hue, the nocturnal game looking for shelter and the plains game celebrate another night of survival. With many places to explore, we will discover the various habitats, along the many rivers, forests and open plains. Other range of activities in the camp includes bush walks, or visiting the nearby rhino sanctuary.
Meals included: Full Board
Days 10 - 12, April 10 - 12, 2021
Regional flight to the Masai Mara, overnight Porini Mara Camp
We’re up and at ’em for an early breakfast, connecting with a charter flight to notably one of Africa’s more famous National Parks, the Masai Mara. We will be met at the airstrip by our new Safari Guide for a transfer to Porini Mara Camp, with a game drive enroute. Settle into your tent before enjoying lunch. In the afternoon head out on a game drive with a sundowner at a scenic spot followed by a night game drive with spotlights to search for nocturnal animals, including the elusive resident leopards in Ol Kinyei Conservancy, before heading back to camp for dinner. After an early breakfast on Tuesday, we leave camp and spend the day game-viewing in the famous Masai Mara Reserve with a picnic lunch in the park. Later in the evening have a sundowner in the Conservancy and night drive then dinner back at camp.
Meals included: Full Board
Day 13, April 13, 2021
Today begins your final morning on safari to explore the Conservancy. Wake up at dawn and enjoy an early game drive looking for elephants, buffalo, giraffe, plains game and the big cats. On returning to camp we will have a late breakfast and a mid-morning transfer to the airstrip for the flight back to Nairobi Wilson airport.
The cost for this Safari is USD 7,730.00 per person sharing
Single supplement USD 1,120.00
* Based on a minimum of 10 people travelling, maximum of 13.
- Morning and evening game drives with a qualified, english speaking safari guide, walks with Maasai warriors and sundowners
- Private guide Jody Cole
- Accommodation as mentioned in itinerary
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary, all camps are based on full board basis including soft drinks, beer, house wine, gin & tonic, mineral water
- Charter flights and road transfers as mentioned in the itinerary
- Park fees and conservation levies (Selenkay/Amboseli, Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Meru National Park and Masai Mara Game Reserve, Ol Kinyei & Naboisho Conservancy fees)
- Maasai Village visit and Chimpanzee Sanctuary entrance (subject to regulations on Covid 19)
- All international airfares
- Travel and Medical insurance
- All meals not mentioned above
- All items of a personal nature (gratuities, bar bills, curios etc.)
- This quote is valid for the dates of travel specified. Prices are subject to change and lodge availability is not guaranteed until a signed application and deposit are received, at which time accommodations are booked and a final itinerary prepared. Modifications to the itinerary may result in a change in price.
- Review the location and amenities of the suggested accommodations and ensure you are comfortable.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notification due to circumstances beyond our control, namely fuel surcharges, supplier increases, government taxes, exchange rate fluctuations, etc. The full booking value will be subject to rate of exchange fluctuations until full payment has been made.
- All costs are valid for the itinerary travel dates. Costs may vary with date changes.
- Should any details change, we reserve the right to recalculate the tour price accordingly
- WRAS is happy to help with any additional Intra Africa flights to ensure the best arrival/departure times. There is a USD 35.00 fee for this service.
- Trip Cancellation and Travel Insurance should be purchased within 14 days of making your deposit.
If you would like to confirm this itinerary, a completed and signed Trip Application for each traveler and a 30% deposit on the full trip amount for each traveler is required. 50% of this deposit amount is non-refundable. We strongly recommend purchasing Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance immediately after your deposit is made. Insurance protects you and your investment should there be a reason at any point in the planning process that you would need to cancel your trip. Final payment will be due 120 days before travel.
Please contact Jody at email@example.com or call 415-407-3691 to secure your safari.
We look forward to helping your dreams of Africa come true!
“We liked everything about our trip. We really enjoyed being with Jody. Her warm personality and organizational skills were apparent.”
“Jody’s unparalleled knowledge of wildlife was extraordinary and I learned so much from her.”
“It was another wonderful trip by Wild Rainbow Safaris.”