Located in southeastern Chad, is Zakouma National Park, a true wildlife treasure. It takes a flight or two or three to get there and knowing a little French or Arabic might help once you’ve arrived. Patience is always necessary in Africa… no matter the destination. For 6 straight days we will uncover 864, 869 acres of raw, wild Africa. Here, lions roam open plains in search of vast buffalo herds, and red-billed queleas flock in their thousands, literally thousands upon thousands, vegetation that Dr. Seuss himself hadn’t dreamt of, Roan antelope, tiang-a subspecies of tsessebe, Patus monkeys, amazing birding, local villages and nomadic cultures complete this very special picture. This trip is not for sissies. It’s for the curious, the inspired, the intrepid and for the traveler who thinks they’ve seen it all.
“This trip exceeded my expectations. I had no idea we’d be seeing so many cats. What a delight.”
Cathy R., San Francisco, CA
- This quote is valid for the dates of travel specified. Prices are subject to change and lodge availability is not guaranteed until a signed application and deposit are received, at which time accommodations are booked and a final itinerary prepared. Modifications to the itinerary may result in a change in price.
- Review the location and amenities of the suggested accommodations and ensure you are comfortable. · Prices are subject to change without prior notification due to circumstances beyond our control, namely fuel surcharges, supplier increases, government taxes, exchange rate fluctuations, etc. The full booking value will be subject to rate of exchange fluctuations until full payment has been made.
- All costs are valid for the itinerary travel dates. Costs may vary with date changes.
- Should any details change, we reserve the right to recalculate the tour price accordingly · Passports MUST be valid for at least six months from your return home date. We recommend a validity of nine months to prevent any problems in this regard. There must be at least FOUR blank VISA pages in the passport (not endorsement pages).
- WRAS is happy to help with Intra Africa flights to ensure the best arrival/departure times. There is a USD 35.00 service fee per flight booked by WRAS.
- Trip Cancellation and Travel Insurance should be purchased within 14 days of making your deposit.
We strongly recommend purchasing Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance immediately after your deposit is made. Insurance protects you and your investment should there be a reason at any point in the planning process that you would need to cancel your trip.