- > Southern Africa Wild &
June 5th - June 16th, 2013
- > Uganda Gorilla & Apes
June 19th - June 29th, 2013
- > Tanzania Cool Cats Safari
Sept. 23rd - Oct. 2nd, 2013
- > South Africa Ecoquest Safari
Oct. 5th - 9th, 2013
Nov. 26th - Dec. 9th, 2013
Custom Safari Ideas
Linyanti Bush Camp
Somalisa Camp, Hwange NP
Zimbabwe/Zambia/Botswana Wild & Free 2013
June 5-16, 2013
11 Days / 10 Nights
Follow the ancient migration trails trodden deep by an instinct that time has never contained. Dream of a wilderness where the elephant roams and the roar of the lion shatters the night. Enjoy life on the Zambezi River surrounded by the sounds of hippo andthe footsteps of leopard, then fly to the savannah plains to spy giant herds of elephant. Experience Africa “Wild & Free”. This is the ultimate animal-lovers safari.ITINERARY:
DAY 1-3: SIANKABA LODGE, ZAMBIA
After your flight in to Livingstone, you will be transferred to Siankaba Lodge. Enjoy a late lunch and set out for an afternoon boat cruise on the Zambezi. Spot hippos and elephants. The Islands of Siankaba Lodge has six secluded chalets linked by a foot bridge to a haute cuisine restaurant, all on two untouched islands in the mighty Zambezi River. Your second day enjoy a leisurely breakfast and set out to visit the Zambia side of the Falls, returning to the lodge for lunch. The afternoon holds a visit to the local village and school, after which you will be returned to the lodge by mekoro (dug out canoe).
DAY 4-7: LINYANTI BUSH CAMP, CHOBE ENCLAVE, BOTSWANA
Today you will cross the border of Botswana and after your arrival at Kasane, you will be transferred by charter flight to Linyanti Bush Camp in the Chobe Enclave.
The area is best known for its large populations of elephant and buffalo that congregate in vast numbers especially during the dry season. Lion, sable, roan, leopard, wild dog and a number of the plains game can be enjoyed, including the rare sitatunga antelope, red lechwe, hippo and crocodile.
The relative remoteness of this intimate tented camp on the banks of the marshes lends itself to spectacular birding all year round and provides a great atmosphere for an authentic wild safari experience.
DAY 8-10: SOMALISA CAMP, HWANGE NP, ZIMBABWE
After your last morning activity at Linyanti, you will fly by charter flights to Kasane where you will then be driven to Zimbabwe and the beautiful Hwange National Park. Somalisa Camp is set in the heart of the Hwange National Park, known as the land of the giants for its big elephant herds.
Somalisa is an authentic bush camp, a blend of old African charm and elegance together with an exclusive safari experience. Its stunning location tucked away on an acacia island along the edge of an ancient seasonal flood plain gives it breath taking views of the savannah plains of the famous Kennedy Flei line. This is the way Africa was meant to be explored.
You will go on game walks, game dries and spot lighting as well as game viewing from hides. Expect to see elephant, kudu and sable antelope, zebra, wildebeest, gemsbok, roan antelope, buffalo, giraffe, white rhino, lion, leopard, hyena and many other wildlife species.
Today you will return to the Livngstone Airport with the option to visit the Painted Dog Project on the way, then head homeward.
Beginning at $7710 (8 guests)Contact us for more details
- all accommodations
- all costs of a dedicated guide throughout as per this inclusions list, in guide accommodation
- all game viewing activities: boat cruises, morning and evening game-drives, walks and fishing (unless specifically noted as optional extra)
- sight-seeing as noted
- meals as indicated after each itinerary day (B&B = bed & breakfast, B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
- all drinks, beer and local wine
- daily laundry
- road and boat transfers as noted
- charter flights from Kasane to Linyanti and return
RATE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- additional/extra activities,
- international flights to Livingstone or Vic Falls
- drinks and meals not specified above & after each itinerary day,
- airport departure taxes
- optional tipping or gratuities,
- additional hotel nights that may be necessitated by airline schedule changes or other factors,
- cost of medical immunizations (if any),
- travel insurance,
- and other expenses of a personal nature (liquor, etc. not included above).